11/13/19 Q: Are you Proactively Putting Yourself in a Position to Serve Others?
Q: Are you Proactively Putting Yourself in a Position to Serve Others?
If we want to serve others we need to focus on being useful. This is what we train for! When we honor our fundamental habits (eating, moving, sleeping, breathing/focus) and chisel our virtuous foundation (do what we say we are going to do) each day, we put ourselves in a position to ‘make a play’. We don’t know the details of the obstacles that we will face, but we do know that we will face challenges. And although we can’t control the capricious nature of these obstacles, we can control our process to prepare for them. To put ourselves in a position to succeed, we must be proactive each morning to prime ourselves to respond most advantageous to uncertain circumstances.
Before leaving your bedroom, you can prepare your body any mind to be in a better position to react to the variables of the day.
For instance, you can prepare your mind by:
- Meditating (practicing your focus) – Taking as little as one mindful breath each day will allow you to create more space to choose your response to future uncertainty
- Journaling & Planning Your Day –
- Your “to do” list – Writing down your tasks each day will allow you to set your intention, clear your mind, and to focus your energy on accomplishing one task at a time. Yes, you will continue to write more tasks as they come up throughout the day, but you will feel less overwhelmed and gain confidence and momentum as you cross each completion. Plus, it’s great to reflect at the end of the day and see all that you accomplished!
- Your “to be” list – When you reaffirm your chosen identity, you are more apt to choose to behave and live the values that you deem are important. The alternative is being a slave to your emotions. While your unpleasant emotions are a great signal to change a behavior, it’s important to have a plan ready to execute when you experience them. When you wing it, you’re more apt to lose your composure when irritated by people and circumstances outside your control.
You can prepare your body by:
- Moving – Get your body moving immediately when you wake up (Stretch, yoga, a few reps of an exercise).
- Drinking Water – hydrate your bod immediately upon waking.
These are just ideas! Choose a routine that works for you and put yourself in a position to show up as your best self!
#CarpeDiem #AMRituals #Journaling